Events have evolved in recent years, they are no longer a one off meeting experience, events bring people together to achieve ambitious objectives and the delegate experience starts well before the opening presentation and organisers must consider the delegate journey from the very beginning.
Due to the continued success and demand for our venue finding service we now have a position for a full time experienced venue finder to join our team based in Kidderminster.
Working alongside an established team, you will be responsible for handling the requests from your own clients, negotiating with the venues and managing the administration process involved in confirming the bookings.
You need to be able to work in a team, be proactive and have the ability of building relationships with both clients suppliers and colleagues.
For a detailed job description please see below
If you are interested in the position please send a detailed CV to email@example.com
To provide a full event organising service to our clients that covers the following key areas
Venue sourcing and accommodation reservations
Event management pre event and on the day
Senior Events Executive
Ultimately Operations Director and Managing Director
Venue sourcing and accommodation reservations
- Take event and accommodation enquiries from Clients and source suitable venues to meet the event specification, negotiate preferable rates, commission and facilities with venues / service providers.
- Propose venues / services to clients verbally / in writing in accordance with the client’s requirements and work with them to negotiate rates, terms and conditions to achieve a confirmed booking. Confirm booking using the Company systems.
- Co ordinate final details for clients as required by ESL and the Client and call client / venue whilst event is taking place to check on progress where necessary
- Process venue / service providers invoices for bill back clients in accordance with ESL procedures
- Prepare management information / service level agreements for key clients as required
Event Management (occasional and where required)
This role may provide an opportunity to become involved within the Event Management team – depending upon client requirements.
- Produce and update event project planners
- Support with producing client proposals
- Offer an event registration service for events in conjunction with the needs of each event, this may include preparation of event web site, registration pages and marketing information. Prepare and issue event joining instructions in accordance with each event’s needs.
- Offer a range of badge options and other marketing and produce them in accordance with the clients requirements
- In conjunction with the Event Manager compile and maintain income and expenditure statements for events as required
- Liaise with speakers, exhibitors, press and other service providers and co ordinate their requirements as required by each event.
- Co ordinate sponsorship as required by the clients
- Co ordinate all logistical arrangements for the event to include: venue and catering arrangements, delegate flow etc
- Support the Event Manager on the day at the event with providing an event management service
- Co ordinates the data collected during the evaluation process, and provide a report to the client in accordance with their requirements.
- Provide a positive, sales focussed service to all clients, irrespective of the service that is being offered and up sell ESL additional services at every opportunity
- Follow up any sales opportunity with our clients and pass on ‘hot leads’ to the sales team
- Ensure all business opportunities are maximised to ensure Company profitability by maintaining pro-active contact with clients.
- Offer support to colleagues across the business during adverse trading conditions
- To attend performance reviews, follow up meetings,1:1’s as required
- Visit and inspect venues to assess the standard of facilities and service. There may be occasions where this may be required outside of office hours
- On occasions you will be required to visit clients to talk through specific projects and assess their requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe office environment in accordance with the Company requirements
- Ensure that the ESL brand promises are delivered
- Deliver all standard Company paperwork within an agreed time span.
Training and development issues are to be discussed with the Directors.
The phones have gone into disaster recovery mode as there has been a major VOIP outage on the Daisy network
You can still contact us using the direct numbers as before but if you are experiencing difficulty in reaching us please contact:
Ellis 07775 625516
Angela 07836 205100
Thanks for your understanding
Ellis and the very patient team