Business Development Manager
To manage the sales activity, improve market position and deliver the
Company objectives in terms of financial growth
Nurture and develop existing business opportunities
Identify and develop new business opportunities
Work with the Events team to deliver exceptional customer service to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise the Company’s revenue objectives
Directors; Angela & Ellis Salsby
Business Development Executive
The primary role is to prospect for new business from current and new clients to achieve the revenue targets set out and agreed with the Directors. This will be achieved by:
- Identifying and following up referrals and recommendations from our current client portfolio to propose and sell in the ESL services. This includes introducing our current clients to additional / enhanced services.
- Prospect for new business by networking, cold calling, using various social media channels or other means of generating interest from potential / target clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify the key decision makers within the client organisation.
- Meet with existing and potential clients to forge and develop relationships and business opportunities. Carry out effective preparation and follow up. Embrace new challenges and projects positively and identify and implement the most effective way of meeting the challenge.
- Maintain records of current and potential clients using the Co booking systems and CRM
- Work with Events team and other internal colleagues to deliver the Customer journey and exceed our customer’s expectations at all times.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefing sessions and debriefs.
- Communicate at all levels with clients by all appropriate methods to include: face to face meetings, telephone, presentations, email, proposals / tender and social media
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with Events team to develop proposals that addresses the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Implement effective marketing campaigns that will lead to an increase in sales. Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team. Submit accurate weekly progress and achievement reports
- Have a good knowledge of the range of services ESL offers and the accounting processes
- Attend meetings as appropriate with colleagues and Directors to contribute to business planning and ensure the Business plan is followed and targets for the business are achieved.
- Identify competitor’s strengths and weaknesses within the industry and therefore identify the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Attend networking events, exhibitions and forums e.g. HBAA and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Maximize venue and destination knowledge
- Ensure an efficient and robust client evaluation process is in place and address the feedback
- Demonstrate positive, proactive leadership behaviours within the teams to offer a positive proactive service.
- Support colleagues across the business during adverse trading conditions, holidays and sickness periods
- Attend performance reviews, follow up meetings,1:1’s as required. Training and development issues are to be discussed with Ellis / Angela Salsby
- Maintain a clean and safe office environment in accordance with the Company requirements
- Ensure that the ESL brand promises are delivered
- Deliver all standard Company communication within an agreed time span.
You will ideally have a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience in a proactive sales environment and looking to make your mark in an established and respected SME agency in the Hotel booking and meetings arena. You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record with achieving and maintaining new business in your current / previous role.